понедельник, 8 августа 2011 г.

DIY Quickie: Monster Heels With Electric Soles A La Nicki Minaj


I use to have this ex- boyfriend that would always say “I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you walk away” #LAME (notice I said EX-boyfriend). As lame as that line is, it actually a very valid observation for girl obsessed with fashion. When you first meet people you really want them to love your outfit, but think about it… wouldn’t it nice to leave them with a fashion surprise when you walk away?
Christian Louboutin is the MASTER of this with his red soles. Since I’m Louboutin whore, I would NEVER suggest painting your soles red, but here’s a quick DIY (…and stylist) trick to adding a little pizaz to the bottom of your shoes…
This July my blog-sorority, Two Point Oh LA, partnered with The Sole Society and became the brands Fashion Insiders for the month. They were gracious enough to send me these fab cut out booties. Click here to check out The Society’s website and to join the club. They have loads of amazing shoes at amazing prices!
These booties are so cute as is, but I screwed on a few spikes to help channel my inner Nicki Minaj.
I added a neon pink duct tape to the bottom to really make them stand out. Duct tape now comes in a variety of different colors and even prints. Remember my color block belt (here)?  I used 3 different neon duct tape colors for that project. Pick your favorite color and go crazy!
Stylist Secret:  Sometimes when were using shoes at a photoshoot we’re not allowed to scuff up the bottoms of the shoes. To protect the shoes we add blue painters tape to the bottom so that the model can pose in the shoes with damaging them. We use painters tape because it’s easily removed and won’t mess up the shoe, duct tape is a lot more sterdy and will last longer.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий