понедельник, 8 августа 2011 г.

Just B

Just B


B Bright: DIY color block pouch


Everywhere you look Celine pouches are somewhere to be found, lusted or dreamed of. I myself had a moment of weakness drooling over the leather pieces held together by thread and a zipper shown here. Also, where I found a least expensive alternative achieving the same look. When I saw a photo of a color block Celine pouch (pinned here) I knew that's what I wanted. One bright neon block on the bottom of my pouch. So I quickly picked up one from American Apparel and got to work. Here is how I achieved the look:

Step one: All you need is a leather pouch, acrylic paint in white and the color bright color of your choice, paint brush, painters tape, blow dryer & acrylic coating spray (shown later) and good tunes to listen to

Step two: Mark off the area you want to paint with painters tape. If you are a real perfectionist you can measure it out to make sure it is even on both sides or trust your insticts and eye ball it like I did.

Step three: Mix white acrylic paint with a bit of water for first layer to help it adhere to the leather. Start brushing onto leather from tape down to avoid too much leakage under the tape. (As tedious as you can be I'm sorry to say this still happens.)


Step four: After the white dries, bring out the neon guns and do the same without water added. The white acts as a primer so that your color will pop bright against the muted leather. I used a blow dryer during this process because I couldn't take the waiting in between layers to paint. Works miraculously to get an even coat.


Step five: When you're finally satisfied with the painted color cover the non painted leather with paper or cover with a magazine of some sort. Last minute I didn't like the feeling of the rough paint so ran to the craft store for glossy acrylic spray coat. This helps protect the paint from water and wear while also giving it a soft smooth finish like the leather!

Let dry for 2 hours untouched and you're done! Now what else can I paint with neon...

B Innovative: DIY Crystal headband (& belt)


Before Blair Waldorf, I was a headband girl. Regardless of my flat straight hair that I couldn't do anything with it would always stay back with a headband. So when I had some ideas of headbands I wanted to wear but couldn't find any I decided to make them!

All you need for this headband is jewels, at least one inch wide ribbon and a glue gun. I picked out the jewels in the button aisle of a craft store then was immediately attracted to the yellow ribbon for spring. Simply hold the ribbon around your head to measure for length and cut to size depending on how long you'd like the tails. Place jewels in position then glue! Ta da, pretty easy right? If you make your headband tails long enough it can also double as a belt around a high waisted skirt. Waiting for somewhere to wear mine too!




B Creative: DIY Hippie headband


Earlier in the week I showed you how to make a crystal headband, now its time for a hippie headband. I admit, I came to this trend late. Couldn't find the right hand band to work with my fine hair and not dig into my forehead. This is the simplest of headbands to make and all this is really required of you is to find an embellishment you love! I was drawn to the gold chain found in the ribbon aisle of my craft store but you can use lace, feathers or any other ribbon emellishment. Here are the steps:

1. Measure decorative ribbon/embellishment to half size of your head
2. Measure clothing elastic to the size of head and pull tight to create elasticity
    *note: elastic will typically just be a 4-5 inches longer than embellished piece
3. Glue ebellishment to elastic starting with center of each. Do not pull the elastic while gluing.
4. Glue ends of elastic together, let dry 5 minutes. Ta da!



B Gathered: DIY Painted chain necklace

When I think of a DIY project it is either in the middle of shopping where I want something but can't afford it or it is compiled of leftover materials. I have been wanting to create a multi chain necklace but didn't want to go through all the hassle of jewelry tools and adding clasps. Hence, I thought of ribbon. Cost effective and so quick that you can change the ribbon color or length anytime. No commitment, which is exactly what I like with my closet! I chose neon because well I'm obsessed but any bright color will do.

B Twisted: DIY double knotted rope headband

Headbands are my go-to hair accessory. You can wear them day or night with hair pulled back or bangs out to show. I have created a small addicition of making my own headbands. It is so easy and inexpensive. Just a matter of going to your nearest craft store to find a trim that can crafted into a headband.

For the rope headband I wanted to create interest so I added a knot. One just didn't seem enough so I added another. If you know any special sailor knots then you can get real fancy with this DIY. So many options, just how I like it!


B Crafty: DIY Thread wrapped bracelet

I saw a thread wrapped leather belt last week and loved the simplicity and different color choices. For this bracelet I chose different shades of green and wrapped them at random times with irregular lengths. I wanted the bracelet to embrace imperfections of my far from perfect hand wrapping.

Directions are simple and follow straight through the pictures. If you can tie a knot, then you can make this bracelet. You can purchase a brand new craft wooden bracelet from any art store or wrap an old bracelet you already own but don't care for! For the blue bracelet shown in the picture below I used a $0.59 brass ring that happened to fit over my hand.







B Pinned: DIY Felt pom hair pin

As I've been growing out my hair, my bangs have gotten to that awkward stage where I'm trying to find new ways to keep them back. I've seen so many pom decorations lately that I wanted to take the trend to my hair. This DIY is so simple and just needs a hot glue gun and a barrette to hold the pom.
With felt cut out circles 1 1/2 wide in diameter fold in half placing glue directly in the middle, keeping the shape but not glueing the sides together. Fold again in half glueing the same way. Repeat step three more times until you have four folded pieces.

Glue all four pieces together creating a circle. Fluff up felt, then glue to a barrette or pin of your choice!


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий